This super easy recipe by @julzhealth is packed full of goodness for healthy snacks on the go. They are vegan, gluten-free and high in protein.
Time to make: 30 minutes
Serves: 6 – 8 muffins
- 1 cup plant-based milk, room temp
- ½ cup liquid sweetener of your choice (we love maple syrup)
- ¹/³ cup melted coconut oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 ¾ cups buckwheat flour
- ¼ cup PranaOn Power Plant Protein Vanilla Creme (available from Health 2000 at Milford Centre)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 1 heaped cup frozen raspberries
- 6 squares of 85% dark chocolate (chopped)
- Preheat oven to 160°C. Add milk, liquid sweetener, lemon juice, melted coconut oil and lemon zest into a bowl. Stir & allow it to thicken.
- In a separate bowl, combine all the dry ingredients (except raspberries) and mix together.
- Pour in wet mixture and whisk until combined. Fold through chocolate chips.
- In a small bowl, add frozen raspberries and coat with flour.
- Carefully fold raspberries into mixture. Scoop into a lined muffin tray.
- Bake for 15-20 mins or when a fork comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes and enjoy!